ugh. these are pretty much heaven. i ate the whole pan in literally two days with very minimal help from friends and family. totally worth the extra 3 lbs i believe i gained this weekend.
14 oz kraft caramels (in candy aisle at grocery store)
5 oz evaporated milk (2/3 c)
1 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 package german chocolate cake mix
3/4 c melted butter
1. melt caramels and 1/3 c evaporated milk in a double boiler. (basically a glass bowl on top of a pot of boiling water, allowing caramels to melt, but not burn)
2. combine cake mix, melted butter and 1/3 c evaporated milk. pat 1/2 of the dough into a greased 13 x 9 pan. bake at 350 degrees for 6 minutes.
3. sprinkle chocolate chips over dough. drizzle caramel on top of the chips.
4. pat rest of dough in pieces on top of the caramel.
5. bake for 18-20 minutes.
6. eat at least half of the pan.