so proud that milwaukeemoms.com is featuring my recipes weekly. i'm sharing family-friendly ones specifically catering to the younger generations. here was my first recipe shared a month ago on their site.
pretzel crusted chicken tenders
1 1/2 lb chicken tenders
3 cups pretzels
1 teaspoon thyme
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3 egg whites
salt & pepper
3 tbl canola oil
mustard cheese sauce
1/2 cup honey mustard
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup skim milk
1. grind pretzels in a food processor to a breadcrumb consistency. add thyme and a generous amount of salt and pepper.
2. prepare 3 shallow bowls: one with flour, one with pretzel crumbs and one with whisked egg whites.
3. pat chicken tenders dry and season with salt and pepper. using tongs, coat a chicken tender with flour, followed by egg white and then pretzel crumbs shaking off excess. repeat coating process with all chicken tenders.
4. heat canola oil in a saute pan at medium to high heat. cook chicken tenders 7 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
5. combine mustard and milk in a small sauce pan. heat until warm. add cheddar cheese and stir until melted.