taco week day 5: fish tacos with chipotle sour cream
i have a secret to share. i can no longer go on having you think that i eat seafood. i don't. i hate it. it smells and it tastes funny. ugh, i know. okay, i feel so much better. this does not, however, mean i won't make it; especially since every other normal person loves it. i just have to suck up the smell every time i do. so i ate this but substituted the fish for black beans! regardless, the highlight of this dish is hands down the chipotle sour cream. you won't be disappointed.
fish tacos with chipotle sour cream
2 tilapia filets, cut into 1" cubes
6 flour tortillas
1 cup red cabbage, sliced thinly
1 tbs white wine vinegar
chipotle sour cream
8 oz light sour cream
2 tbs adobo sauce (found in cans of chipotle peppers... just use the sauce)
1/2 c olive oil
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
juice from one lime
2 green onions, chopped
2 tbs cilantro, chopped
salt and pepper
1. combine marinade ingredients and cubed fish. toss to combine and marinade at room temperature for 20 minutes. strain from olive oil.
2. toss cabbage with white wine vinegar and a generous amount of salt and pepper and set aside.
3. combine sour cream with adobo sauce and set aside.
4. heat saute pan until hot. add fish and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
5. pile fish on top of a warm tortilla, followed by cabbage and sour cream.