taco week day 1: here we go. 5 days of tacos. we're starting out with a simple salad using the good 'ol taco ingredients.
brian's reaction: "not bad for day 1 of taco week. i had my doubts since there wasn't a taco shell."10 minutes later. "i'm still hungry, but i ate all of the good parts." of course i ask "what are the good parts?" "the crunchy things and the cheese". great.
taco salad with rotisserie chicken and ranch salsa dressing
white meat of a rotisserie chicken, shredded
1/2 packet of fajita seasoning packet
3 tbl olive oil
romaine lettuce, chopped
black beans, drained & rinsed
shredded cheddar cheese
4 corn tortillas
2 tbl olive oil
1/2 c ranch dressing
1/2 c salsa
1. preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. heat olive oil over a saute pan. once hot, add shredded rotisserie chicken and add fajita seasoning. stir until combined and heated through.
3. place corn tortillas on a baking sheet. brush with olive oil and slice into 1' strips using a pizza cutter. spread out on baking sheet and bake in oven for 10 min or until golden brown and crunchy.
4. combine salsa and ranch dressing.
5. place all ingredients on a serving dish so your guests or your complicated hubby can create their own salad masterpiece.