i've been staring at this damn computer screen for the last hour trying to think of something great to say and this is all i've come up with. this is simple, yet packed with flavor. that's it. that's all i got. ugh.
marinated steak salad with sun dried tomatoes and arugula
1 sirloin steak
4 cups of arugula
4 oz gorgonzola cheese
handful of sun dried tomatoes, thinly sliced
1/2 c soy sauce
1/2 c olive oil
1/8 c balsamic vinegar
1/4 c olive oil
salt & black pepper
1. combine marinade ingredients in a large bowl. place sirloin steak in bowl and marinade for 30 minutes on each side.
2. preheat oven to 450 degrees. heat oven proof saute pan over stovetop
to highest heat. wait to put steak on pan until screaming hot. (you want
that carmelization). place steaks in pan for 1 minute.
3. put pan in oven for 3 minutes and flip over cooking opposite side for another 3 minutes. this will give you a nice "medium" on each side.
4. allow steak to sit outside of the oven for at least 4 minutes. cut steak on an angle against the grain.
5. combine salad dressing ingredients and toss with arugula.
6. place strips of steak on a bed of arugula. top with crumbled gorgonzola and sun dried tomatoes.