homemade chicken noodle soup
2 bone-in chicken breasts
1 1/2 cups wide egg noodles
1 cup carrots, sliced
3 celery stalks, sliced
1 large onion, diced
1, 16 oz can whole tomatoes, chopped
3 chicken bouillon cubes
2 bay leaves
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1. saute carrots, celery, onion in 2 tbs of olive oil for 5 minutes in a large soup pot. take out vegetables and put aside.
2. put chicken breasts, can of tomatoes, bouillon cubes, bay leaves, thyme, salt and pepper in the soup pot. add 5 cups of water to pot and bring to a boil. turn heat down allowing water to simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. take chicken out of pot and allow to cool on a cutting board.
3. add vegetables to broth and simmer for 15 minutes allowing vegetables to get tender.
4. meanwhile, cook noodles according to package.
5. once the chicken is cool enough to handle, shred into bite size pieces using your hands and discard skin and bones. add chicken and cooked noodles to soup.