they are a little sensitive- but worth it.
6 tbl margarine, softened
1 1/2 c brown sugar
2 tbl water
1, 11 oz package butterscotch chips
3 c flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
white confectionary coating (also known as white almond bark or candy coating, found in a block form near nuts or in baking aisle)
1. in a saucepan combine margarine, brown sugar and water. heat until melted. pour into a mixing bowl and let stand for 10 minutes.
2. in another bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, baking soda and salt. set aside.
3. beat eggs into butterscotch mixture. add flour mixture and continue mixing until blend. chill dough for 1 hour.
4. for each cookie roll 1 rounded tbl of dough into a ball. place on a cookie sheet. (the dough is sometimes a little hard to work with but remember the end result is delicious.) continue with all dough.
5. bake at 350 degrees for10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
6. heat confectionary coating in a glass bowl in the microwave for 1 minute or until "spreadable".
7. frost each cookie and let sit until set.