only 68 days until st. patrick's day. that gives you 68 days to plan what you're making. i have one fabulous option for you! here's a healthy spin on shepherd's pie.
2 large potatoes, peeled and diced in 2 inch cubes
1/4 c fat-free sour cream
1 tbl butter
1 large onion, chopped
4 carrots, chopped
4 celery stalks, chopped
1 cup frozen peas
1 lb ground turkey
3 tbl flour
1 tbl dried rosemary
1 tsp thyme
salt & pepper
2 C beef broth
1. preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. cook potatoes in a pot filled with water until fork tender (about 20 minutes). using a potato masher, mash potatoes. add sour cream, butter and salt and pepper to taste and combine. set aside.
3. heat 2 tbl olive oil in a saute pan. add onion, carrots and celery. saute for 10 minutes or until tender. add peas. cook for 2 additional minutes stirring occasionally.
4. add ground turkey and cook until no longer pink. add flour, rosemary, thyme, beef broth and salt and pepper to taste. bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes until mixture thickens.
5. transfer meat and vegetable mixture to a casserole dish. spread mashed potatoes over the top.
6. bake for 40 minutes.